I hope you are all well! Today I wanted to talk a little bit about travel around Italy, one of my favourite countries in the world.
Rome is undeniably one of the most amazing cities in the world. It has something for everyone. Not only does it offer incredible tourist attractions but it is a romantic city with plenty to see and do as well. However, there is no denying that it can also be a little overwhelming for anyone that is visiting for the first time. This is because it is often a busy place, and it can be difficult to know where to start with your holiday. With that being said, continue reading to discover some helpful tips for those visiting Rome for the very first time.
- Book tickets online – There is only one place to begin, and this is with booking tickets online for all of the major tourist attractions. The last thing you want to do is stand in a queue to book tickets, and then have to stand in another queue for entry. Plus, if you arrive late in the afternoon or first thing in the morning, the queues may have died down.
- Consider a private driver – If you want to enjoy a little bit of luxury during your stay in Rome, and avoid the hassle of dealing with public transport, you should consider the services of a private driver in Rome. This is one of the best ways to view all of the sights in the most comfortable manner, without having to worry about queues or the hustle and bustle.
- Free museum entrance – If you are planning on visiting a lot of museums in Rome, this is something you should take advantage of. On the first Sunday of every month, there is a large number of archaeological sites and museums that are open to the public free of charge. Thi includes Galleria Borghese, Baths of Caracalla, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, and the Colosseum.
- Monday is a rest day – Another tip for anyone that is travelling to Rome is to be aware of the fact that Monday is a rest day. This means that restaurants and museums will be closed. The best thing to do is check online in advance for the opening times so you can avoid disappointment.
- Italian meal times – If you typically eat dinner around 6 pm, you may find that some of the restaurants aren’t even open. Most Italians head out for dinner at around 8.30 pm, and sometimes even later.
- Be aware of pickpockets – Last but not least, there are pickpockets all over Rome, especially around archaeological sites and monuments, so you do need to keep this in mind and be cautious.
As you can see, there is a lot to consider when visiting Rome for the first time. Nevertheless, hopefully, you now feel a bit more prepared for your trip. No matter what you are attending to do while in Rome, or how long you are visiting for, you are guaranteed to have a great time in this impressive Italian city.
See you in my next post <3